One of New York City’s 5 boroughs, Brooklyn has over 2.6 million residents making it the most populous borough and the second largest in land area. If Brooklyn was a city, it would be the 3rd most populous in the country behind Los Angeles and Chicago. It sits next to Queens at the southwestern part of Long Island and is connected to Manhattan by the Brooklyn Bridge. The neighborhoods in Brooklyn range from Williamsburg, with its indie music flavor, to the upscale flair of DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) and a broad variety in between.
Regardless of which neighborhood you live in, the large population of Brooklyn also means a large population of pests from rodents to roaches so thankfully, one of your neighbors is us! Bugs Are Gone knows Brooklyn and we know pest control and we want to do our part in keeping the borough a great place to live. So whether you are in Park Slope or Coney Island, you can count on us for all your pest control needs.
A History of Diversity
Brooklyn’s population has always been a diverse mix of race, nationality and other cultural differences. Holland, France, England, and Germany were all established here by the nineteenth century. By the 70s and 80s, the borough experienced a resurgence in population from immigrants coming from South America, Asia, and the West Indies. This “new” blood caused a renewed interest in many of the brownstone neighborhoods, revitalizing areas that had become less desirable.
This diversity has always been and continues to be, what makes Brooklyn such a dynamic hub of New York City. From the variety of restaurants, cultural events, exhibits, and music venues throughout the area, each group of immigrants have brought their own unique culture and history and made it a part of what Brooklyn is today and what makes it a great place to live.
Did You Know?
• While Brooklyn was once a city of its own, it merged with New York City in 1898 in what came to be known as “The Great Mistake of 1898”.
• The borough shares the same boundaries as Kings County which kind of makes Brooklyn its own county.
• There are over 30 miles of shoreline with some really nice beaches.
• Brooklyn is on Long Island but not a part of Long Island!?
• There are over 700 arts and cultural places to visit including the New York Transit Museum and the Brooklyn Museum.
• The median age of Brooklynites is only 35 years old, 2 years younger than the national average.
• The Cyclone roller coaster on Coney Island is one of the earliest roller coasters built in the United States. Built in 1927, it still thrills riders today and is now one of the oldest coasters in the country.
• The Brooklyn Bridge was the largest suspension bridge in the world when it was finished in 1883 joining Manhattan and Brooklyn over the East River.
Proud To Be Brooklynites!
Pest control is what we do, but Brooklyn is who we are. With pest control offices right here in Brooklyn, our commitment to outstanding service has made us the number one pest control company in the borough and we think that’s pretty special. We know that you live here just like we do and want the best for you and your family when it comes to pest control.
We are a member of the National Pest Management Association, the New York State Pest Control Association and the Professional Pest Control Association of New York. Our technicians are certified and licensed professionals and live and work right here in your neighborhood too.